Connect with our mission partners
Trinity's Missionary Care Team is working to help individuals and families connect more closely with the mission partners we support. Learn more about our Missionary Connections program at connectwithtrinity.com/signups.
December mission focus
Dave works with New Horizons Foundation-USA, in the US and Romania. Due to COVID, they’re currently waiting patiently to see where and how he can continue to support and interact with the daily work in Romania. As it is here, the virus is surging there and the government may implement another national lockdown. Almost everything he was working on as 2020 dawned has gone away, for sure in the immediate, hopefully not in the future. There are signs of hope. The IMPACT Credo program, their collaboration with the Romanian Orthodox church to bring our faith-based IMPACT program to the church on a national scale, is moving forward quickly. Their effort to utilize the natural beauty and terrain of the Jiu Valley, creating some of the best mountain bike trails in Europe as a tool for community development is growing as well. The Foundation is eagerly anticipating the time when US volunteers can again interact and serve in Romania. They depend on their relationships with the Reformed Church and Christian Reformed Church for solid volunteers to fill positions that support the Romanian national staff. They hope to return to Romania soon! Until then, he continues to do what he can to serve New Horizons’ efforts from Minnesota.
Dave & Jody’s Prayer Requests
- Pray for patience as well as meaning and joy in the day to day work Dave is currently able to do.
- Pray for New Horizons Foundation-USA – the staff in Romania; the founder/leader and his family, Dana and Brandi Bates; and their ongoing relationships with the Reformed Church and Christian Reformed Church.
- Pray for good health and financial stability for both Dave and Jody.
- Pray for clarity on the next year of work as COVID challenges continue.
- Pray for God’s care and guidance for their extended family.
In partnership with the New Horizons Foundation, Felipe and Janelle work with Roma youth in the Jiu Valley to build trust, perseverance, character, and courage through rock climbing. In a town where poverty forces many parents to move away for work, this ministry provides youth in the neighborhood of Dallas, Romania, an environment where they can experience safety and respect, develop life skills, pursue education, and come to know the love of Christ. Felipe and Janelle also planted a church in Dallas, Romania—it opened in August, 2020. Learn more about their work on the RCA’s Global Mission site at http://www.rca.org/silva.
Felipe & Janelle’s Prayer Requests
- Pray for energy, patience, perseverance, and wisdom while serving abroad with young children, far from family.
- Pray for their recent church plant – may it become a light for the city through the gospel and may each person/family that enters be transformed by the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Felipe and Janelle as they take on new roles in ministry with the church plant.
- Pray for continued provision and guidance for their climbing and education center.
In coordination with Commission To Every Nation, Pav and Meg live in Greece where they help people grow in the knowledge and understanding of God’s Living Word. They previously served the Greek Bible College and planted a new church family in downtown Athens. This summer, they moved to the Greek island of Lesvos where they live a short distance from the capital city of Mytilini. Their work includes a partnership with the BibleProject non-profit to support the full localization of their video resources into modern Greek and cultivating Meg’s music ministry, BearFruitMeg, on YouTube. Since 2015, Lesvos has carried an especially great weight of the impact of refugees fleeing into Europe. Their new neighbors include Greeks who have lived there for generations, a multicultural mix of refugees who have lived there for months or sometimes years, and many more transient workers from Non-Governmental Organizations or NGOs. Among these workers are TeachBeyond staff supporting the Beyond Borders Lesvos project which intentionally promotes unique educational opportunities for refugees in the area. Pav, Meg, and their entire family help encourage these efforts, workers, and refugees while pointing to Christ.
Pavlos & Meggan’s Prayer Requests
- Pray for Pav and Meg’s family as they live with, work beside and serve generational Greeks, multicultural refugees and workers from other non-governmental organizations – may they encourage others and model Christ in all they do.
- Pray that their work to translate biblical resources from English to Greek will be accurate, swift and effective.
- Pray that Meg’s music ministry, BearFruitMeg, will be cultivated and encourage listeners in their walk with God.
- Pray for safety, health, engagement and wisdom for their family during this time of COVID.