So far in this series, we’ve talked about about how God, through Jesus, is reordering our relationships with each other and with creation. On Sunday, I want to show how God reorders the care of our resources. From God’s incredible command to freed slaves in Deuteronomy 26 on how they are to treat their new-found success as farmers, we learn that God uses a lesson on money as a regular reordering of our walk with him, as well as the very means he intends to reorder mercy and justice in community.
The text, in some ways, answers the question for advice I received this week from an old friend celebrating God’s goodness, “What should I do next?” I’ll tell you my answer in the message on Sunday.
Also on Sunday, we get to celebrate infant baptism with Andy & Amanda Keller, Steven & Rebecca Bogaard, and Brent & Brittany Aalbers.
November continues with many opportunities to serve and share, so be sure to watch and listen for many upcoming events and opportunities on Sunday.
Our November Mission of the Month is “Hunger”
- Nov. 22 – Food Pantry Distribution
- Nov. 26 – Community Thanksgiving meal at Living Water
- Nov. 30 – “Then Just Feed One” Food Packaging Event
Our Sunday Morning services start at 8:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children and Youth Sunday School will meet between services, 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Children and Worship Children ages 5 through 1st grade will be dismissed during the service and can be picked up after church in the Kid’s Area.
Our Adult Sunday School Opportunities this week are:
- Questions of Life (Fellowship Hall)
- Come out for an opportunity to explore important and challenging questions we have in life. This week Laird Edman will continue the topic of: “How should we handle the topic of homosexuality?” Come and discuss, debate, and explore Scripture regarding this crucial topic of faith.
- Fabric of Faithfulness Study (Adult Rooms 3&4)
- A book study for college students to help learn how to connect what they believe about the world and how they live in the world. Facilitated by John Fernstrum.
- Sunday School Guide (Adult Room 1)
Going to be gone? You can worship with us live on our Webcast – click HERE
You can also view past services in their entirety – click HERE
WOMEN’S MINISTRY COOKIE EXCHANGE & CRAFT NIGHT
Mark your calendars for Monday, December 8, at 6:30pm, for an evening of Christmas crafting and a cookie exchange! Choose to paint a canvas of a whimsical tree ($20) or knit an arm scarf ($10). You are also welcome to just come enjoy fellowship and goodies! Bring a plate of cookies to share and take a plate home when you leave. In order to purchase supplies, the craft sign-up deadline is Sunday, Nov. 23. You can also sign-up if you’d like childcare. You can sign-up at the Welcome Center on Sunday, or to sign-up online, click HERE.
Click HERE for more details from the Women’s Ministry facebook page.
GOBBLE, GOBBLE – TURKEY TROT
The emphasis of this 5K run/walk is on a fun experience for all ages that will raise awareness and resources for mission. Join us Thanksgiving morning at 7:30 a.m. (rain, snow, or shine) The race begins and ends in the Trinity parking lot and all proceeds will support The Bridge Transitional Housing ministry. For more information and to register online, click HERE.